Sunday 1 February 2015

Marriage!

At some point in the next few weeks I'm going to do a fuller post on the huge changes in the law all across the world since I last posted.

Same-sex marriage is legal in Scotland, England and Wales! 

That's huge!

On the 6th April 2013, three days after our four year anniversary, my partner and I had a beautiful Civil Partnership Ceremony in front of our family and friends.  It was a wonderful, emotional and very personal day that was the happiest of my life.


Then, on Friday 12th December 2015 we converted our Civil Partnership to a Marriage!  We are now legally recognised as husband and husband in the eyes of the law and have a certificate and everything to prove it!  This ceremony was just the two of us and a registrar but it was equally as beautiful and personal to us.

Here's to choice, here's to the furthering of equality and here's to marriage!


No comments:

Post a Comment